- About College Now
- College-Credit Courses
- STEM Research Academy
- Summer Program
- Student Services
Student Technology Accounts
Students who are enrolled in the College Now program at the NYC College of Technology (City Tech) are required to claim the following accounts to participate in the program:
- City Tech Email/Office 365 - Office 365 is the E-mail system for all City Tech registered students. An E-mail account is generated for all City Tech students upon enrolling for classes. It is the expectation of the College that this E-mail be used for all College-related communications. In general, your address will be: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CUNYfirst — Student account that allows you to access your class schedule, final grades, and unofficial transcript.
- Blackboard— Blackboard is the CUNY-provided Learning Management System. Online courses are hosted and delivered through Blackboard, and many in-person courses use it as well. Use Blackboard to stay on top of your coursework, have remote class discussions, view readings and course material digitally, and communicate with your professors.
Below are guides on how to access your City Tech CUNYfirst and Blackboard accounts.
For assistance troubleshooting your college email, CUNYfirst or Blackboard account, please contact the City Tech Student Helpdesk:
Accessing Final Grades & TranscriptsStudents can access final grades by viewing their “Unofficial Transcript” on CUNYfirst. Please see below steps on how to view an unofficial transcript (for detailed instruction guide click here).
- Log into your CUNYfirst account.
- Go to “Self-Service”, then “Student Center.”
- Under the “Academic” section, click on the “other academic..” drop down menu and select “Transcript: View Unofficial.”
Transferring Credits You’ve Earned to College
In order to transfer your College Now credits to a non-CUNY college or university (e.g., SUNY, private, out-of-state) you must submit your Official Transcript to the receiving college/university. See the link below, which provides steps to obtain an official transcript from the NYC College of Technology (City Tech) Registrar’s Office. Note, only the Registrar’s Office can issue official transcripts. If you participated in multiple College Now programs you must request an official transcript from each program’s Registrar Office.
Note: You do not need to request a transcript if you will be attending CUNY for your undergraduate studies. All you need to do is provide the respective CUNY college with your EMPLID# and inform them you attended College Now.
Other College, Admissions & Financial Aid Resources
- CollegeNow.cuny.edu — visit the College Now Central website to learn about the program shared by 17 college partners in the CUNY system.
- City Tech Library —The City Tech Library supports students with our online collections, services, and programs.
- City Tech Tutoring Schedule — Book an appointment with a tutor to get the help you need to succeed in your class.
- City Tech Atrium Learning Center — The Atrium Learning Center fosters student learning by providing tutoring and opportunities for individualized and independent learning that enable students and faculty members to work together to supplement student coursework.
- www.CollegeBoard.org — a resource website for college-bound students, parents, and educational professionals. Search for colleges and get information on SAT standardized tests.
- My Childs Academic Success— a resource website for parents with tips for helping your child with homework.
- CollegeGreenlight.com — scholarship database for students and counselors.
- StudentAid.ed.gov — resource for student financial aid and applying for FAFSA.