Skip navigation
Office of the Registrar

Veterans Enrollment Certification

New VA Students:

  • Students must claim their campus email as the college expects this email to be used for all College-related communications. For more information, contact the Student Helpdesk (718)260-4900 or
  • Once enrolled, students must submit a copy of their DD-214 and Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the Veterans Certifying Official at the Office of the Registrar NG 15. The documents could be upload via CUNY-first click on Document Upload for more information.

Guest VA Students:

  • The guest VA student's home School Certifying Official (SCO) must email an authorization "Parent letter" to City Tech, approving all courses taken at our school.

VA Students Responsibilities:

We highly encourage all students to stay up-to-date on changes or modifications to your benefits by monitoring the GI Bill/VA website or by contacting the VA directly at 1-888-442-4551.

  • All coursework for which students enroll must apply to their degree at the college.
  • The student must be registered for classes before submitting the Veteran Enrollment Certification form.
  • Students must enroll in 12+ credits to be considered Full-time during the Fall and Spring semester. For a full-time status rate during the Winter and Summer, please contact the SCO
  • Students must immediately report any changes in enrollment (add/drop/withdrawals) to the Veteran Certifying Official. Please be advised, any reduction in credits may result in changes in eligibility for benefits even after disbursement has occurred.
  • VA will NOT pay for the repeated courses that were successfully completed with a passing grade, except under special circumstances. For more information, please contact the SCO.
  • As a student at City Tech, you acknowledge your responsibility for paying the college ALL tuition and fees, which are not covered by your Veterans' Educational Benefits before the end of each term. If you are not receiving 100% tuition payment from the VA, you must make a payment plan with the Business office. For more information, please contact or 718-473-8900.
  • As a student at City Tech, you understand that if you do not attend or stop attending a class, your VA benefit certification will be adjusted, meaning that you, the student, may incur debt from the school, Department of Veterans Affairs, or both agencies.
  • Students under Chapters 30 and Chapter 1606 must verify their enrollment with the VA every month in order to receive their monthly benefits by either visiting the WAVE website or by telephone (877) 823-2378.

Transfer Students:

  • To change from one school to another, individuals receiving benefits under the CH33 (Post- 9/11 GI Bill), CH30 (MGIB-AD), CH1606 (MGIB-SR), and CH 35 (DEA) will need to submit a VA Form 22-1995 "Request for Change of Program or Place of Training" to the Regional Processing Office.
    If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at or (718) 260-5656.

Certification Process:

  • To request enrollment certification for the Department of Veterans’ Affairs educational benefits, you must complete the Veteran Enrollment Certification form
  • Once your certification has been received, you will receive an email confirmation when it has been processed.
  • Please note that you should submit a Veterans Benefits Certification Form for each semester you wish to have your enrollment certified. Take advantage of Veteran Priority Registration to ensure there is no delay in receipt of your benefits.
  • Certification requests should ONLY be submitted once you have completed your registration. A "VET" hold will be placed on your CUNYfirst account once your enrollment has been reported to the VA. Thereafter, to make any changes to your schedule, you must contact the SCO

Other important Web Sites:


For more information on the certification process, please contact the School Certifying Officials Mrs. Jennifer Kearney and Mr. Kwesi Reid at