- Course Listings
- Meet the Chair
- Faculty Profiles
- Faculty Resources
- Advisory Committee
- Student Resources
- Administrative Resources
300 Jay Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
If you are a student in need of advisement or other information, please click the Calendar tab and/or attempt to contact one of your major professors via email and/or consult the advising schedule posted in N-1012. You can find your advisor by opening the "Who is my advisor?" PDF document located below.
Please note the following:
- If there is a hold on your record, it must be cleared by the Registrar or the Bursar before your registration can be processed.
- Students must use their official Citytech email for all college business. The Business Department cannot answer personal questions unless you use your Citytech email address. For access and more information on your student e-mail account click here.
- If you visit ANY City Tech office and/or speak with any advisor or other person at City Tech, you MUST print out and complete a Student Routing Slip BEFORE you come to the Business Department for additional information. If you are requesting that we deal with your issue via email, we still require the Student Routing Slip. In this case, please scan/photograph the completed slip and send the image along with your email. We cannot process your requests without this completed slip. Similarly, if WE send you to another office and/or advisor or other person at City Tech, we will sign your completed Routing Slip so you will have it to show that office/person/etc. This is very important because we want to avoid giving conflicting information. The routing slip will also document every encounter you have with advisors and other people. This way, there will be less ambiguity about your requirements, schedules, etc.
- International students need to have their transcripts evaluated, approved, and certified in coordination with the IS Peer Advisement program. The department can only help with Business Department-specific issues AFTER that process is complete. Please click here to be paired with an advisor. For further information, contact Vanessa Villanueva, International Student Advisor by phone at 718-260-5509 or sign-up via email at ISLinkUP@citytech.cuny.edu
All current students will be notified of their registration appointment (the time and date you can start registering for classes) by City Tech email and you can also find your enrollment start date by visiting your Student Center in CUNYfirst.
- Students planning to enroll in a foreign language course at City Tech for the first time take a placement test to measure their degree of proficiency. The Program offers three levels of language instruction in Arabic, Chinese and French. Spanish courses include four levels of language instruction, including two upper-level courses in Spanish literature.
- For further instructions, please see the Humanities Department Permission for Foreign Language Classes form.
If you are unable to resolve your issue using this PDF guide, please check out these useful tools for transfer students. If you still have questions or issues, please contact Lourdes Smith, Director of the Transfer Center, located in NG-08, Telephone: 718-260-5508, Email: LSmith@citytech.cuny.edu. NOTE: The Business Department can ONLY assist you AFTER the Transfer Center has evaluated your transcripts and ONLY for Business Department courses.
Note: The Business Department can not help with general issues of transfer credits. You must use this system first. You can find a variety of useful tools here. Only AFTER, if there are any special issues relating to Business Department-specific courses, should you approach the Business Department for additional guidance. In this case, you will need to complete a Student Routing Slip BEFORE you come to the Business Department for additional information.
For additional information not found in these documents, Marketing students should contact Prof. Dixon, who can be reached at JDixon@citytech.cuny.edu. Accounting students should contact Prof. Singh, who can be reached at GSingh@citytech.cuny.edu. Any questions regarding the Business and Technology of Fashion program should be directed to the Program Director, Prof. Adomaitis. She can be reached at AAdomaitis@citytech.cuny.edu .
Transfer Opportunities for City Tech Business Alumni
To learn more about continuing your education at The City University of New York (CUNY), look at CUNY'S online Transfer Information and Program Planning System (CUNY TIPPS) at the following website: http://tipps.cuny.edu