Financial Aid

2017-2018 Financial Aid Refund Dates for Summer 2017, Fall 2017, and Spring 2018

Check/Payment refund dates for all financial aid programs (Federal Pell Grant, SEOG, Direct Loans, Perkins Loans, NYS SEEK, NYC Merit Scholarship). Please see Federal Work Study (FWS) payment calendar for FWS payment dates.

The first payments/refunds for summer 2017 is scheduled for July 7th. Refunds will be made weekly (Fridays) thereafter for eligible students. Checks will be mailed to you if you do not have direct deposit or the CUNY Scholar Support Card.

Summer 2017, Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 Refund Schedule

July 2017

July 7
July 14
July 21
July 28

August 2017

August 4
August 11
August 18
August 25

September 2017

September 1
September 8
September 15
September 22
September 29

October 2017

October 6
October 13
October 20
October 27

November 2017

November 3
November 10
November 17
November 24

December 2017

December 1
December 8
December 15
December 22

2018

January 2018

January 5
January 12
January 23
January 26

February 2018

February 2
February 9
February 16
February 23

March 2018

March 2
March 9
March 16
March 23
March 30

April 2018

April 6
April 13
April 20
April 27

May 2018

May 4
May 11
May 18
May 25

June 2018

June 1
June 8
June 15
June 22
June 29

If you withdraw from all classes during the semester and do not attend more than 60 percent of the semester (Fall- November 3, 2017 or Spring - April 11, 2018) you will be ineligible for full Federal Financial Aid (Pell, SEOG, Perkins, Direct Loans). Your awards will be prorated based on the number of days you attended during the semester.

Fall Book Advance Payment Dates

August 18, 2017 August 25, 2017 September 1, 2017

If you are eligible for a Fall Book Advance, you will receive the first 25 percent of your Federal Pell award on the above Book Advance dates. If you are ineligible for the book advance, the first 25 percent of your Federal Pell Award will be credited toward your outstanding tuition starting on August 15th. The remaining 75 percent of your fall Federal Pell Award will be paid starting on October 6, 2017.

Spring Book Advance Payment Dates

January 19, 2018 January 26, 2018 February 2, 2018

If you are eligible for a Spring Book Advance, you will receive the first 25 percent of your Federal Pell Grant Award on the above Book Advance dates. If you are ineligible for a book advance, the first 25 percent of your Federal Pell Award will be credited toward outstanding tuition starting on January 23rd. The remaining 75 percent of your spring Federal Pell award will be paid starting on March 9, 2018.

Attendance

You must attend your classes to be eligible for financial aid. Attendance is confirmed during the first week of classes each semester, so it is important that you attend all your classes. The WN (Never attended) Grade will be assigned if your attendance is not confirmed. Financial Aid will not pay for classes with WN Grades.