Auxiliary Enterprise Board

AEB Menu


300 Jay Street, HB 11th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201

Phone: 718-473-8930

AEB Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

What are CUNY’s Auxiliary Enterprises?

CUNY’s auxiliary enterprises are entities and groups created for the principal purpose of benefiting students, faculty, staff, alumni, and member of college communities. As such, each auxiliary enterprise is intended to be a self-supporting revenue generating operation that supports the mission of the institution and provides essential services to the campus community

Who are the directors of the Auxiliary Enterprise Board?

Directors of the Auxiliary Enterprise Board are:

  • Chair (College President)
  • VP of Administration & Finance (Treasurer)
  • VP of Enrollment & Student Affairs
  • VP of Academic Affairs (Provost)
  • Two Independent Directors
  • Two Faculty Directors
  • Five student Directors (SGA President and four other eligible students)

Who do I contact to report a Cafeteria problem?

Contact the food services manage Chantey White at 718-260-5350 or via email at

How do I report a vending problem?

Please email Campus Services at

Are audited financial statements available for viewing?

Yes. You can use the “Quick Link” launch to display the Audited Financial Statements.

What is the average turnaround time for processing Requisitions for payments and purchases?

Please allow a minimum of 2-3 weeks for processing Requisitions for payments and purchases.

What is EPS and can I receive training?

EPS is CUNY“s web-based e-Procurement System (EPS) used to process transactions for purchases and payments. A User Manual is available after sign-on. Ongoing training is offered to newly appointed staff or anyone unfamiliar with the system. Please contact AEB if you have questions or would like to schedule training.

What is TransitChek and how can I enroll?

TransitChek allows commuters to pay for their transit through pre-tax payroll deductions. TransitChek offers Commuter Cards and Premium TransitChek MetroCards. To enroll in TransitChek, send an email to AEB at

I am a College employee; therefore, can the College’s Human Resources Office forward my personal documents directly to AEB?

No. Only you have the right to request copies of your personal documents that have your signature on it. You must personally hand the required documents to AEB.

What is an independent Contractor?

An independent contractor is an individual who is retained to provide specific services without supervision and college resources.

What supporting documents are needed to show that an independence contractor is qualified?

Documents showing the qualifications of an independence contractor include:

  • General liability insurance
  • Any professional or business licenses
  • Resume and references
  • Any applicable certificates

What is an Independent Contractor Agreement?

An Independent Contractor Agreement clearly specifies the terms and conditions of the expected services and is signed by both parties. AEB uses Independent Contractor Agreements to hire the services of individuals such as fitness instructors.

Why is a W-9 required for an Independent Contractor?

IRS regulations require that employers have on file a W-9 from every vendor who they purchase $600 or more. This form is used to document filing status and contains the contractor’s taxpayer identification number, name and address. See ”Forms” for W-9 Form Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification.

What is a Performance Agreement?

A Performance Agreement, commonly known as a “booking agreement” or “engagement contract”, informs both parties of the terms and conditions of the expected services. Performance Agreements are typically used to contract services of individuals who perform live entertainment such as DJ’s, dancers, comedians, musical acts, and poets.

When can I expect to receive my W-2 Wage and Tax Statement and/or my 1099-MISC form?

You should expect to receive your W-2 and/or your 1099 by January 31st.