186 Jay Street
Vorhees Hall 633 (V-633)
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Computer Engineering & Robotics Technology Seminar Series feature “Swarm Robotics and NASA's Use of Crowdsourcing of Technology”. Guest speaker Daniel Phelps (Associate Professor, York College). Thursday, Nov. 3, 2016, 12:30~1:30PM @ Voorhees 615. Organized by the CET Department, City Tech Robotics Club, ACM City Tech Chapter. Contact Dr. Xiaohai Li and Dr. Yu Wang for more information.Take advantage of this opportunity .
Graduates from the BTech program in Computer Engineering Technology at CITY TECH automatically qualify for direct admission to the NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam. Take advantage of this opportunity .
- Jose Reyes Alamo, Aparicio Carranza, and Benito Mendoza. "A Combined Model Checking for Services Safety".
- International Journal of Computer and Electronics Research [Volume 3, Issue 5, October 2014].
- "Toward Internet of Things (IoT)". Speaker: Dr. Myung J. Lee, Professor Dept. of ECE, City College and Graduate Center of CUNY. Date: Thursday, December 4, 2014. Time:2:30 — 1:30PM. Location: Voorhees Building, Room V610. For questions contact Prof. Yu Wang.
- Professor Jose Reyes Alamo has been awarded with $3,500.00 by the Research Foundation of PSC-CUNY for a research project titled "A Mobile Cloud Robotics Architecture for Smart Home Environments". Grant Number: TRADA-45-94. Duration: July 2014 — June 2015
- Aparicio Carranza, Julio Tax, Jose Reyes Alamo. "Building a Future in SDN with one Controller", Enterprise Computing Community Conference, 2014.
- Constadinos Lales and Benito Mendoza presented "Using a Computer Science Concepts Ontology for Automatic Item Generation". Honors and Emerging Scholars Poster Presentation, Spring 2014. May 6-7, 2014, Brooklyn, NY.
- Alejandro Medina and Benito Mendoza published "One App for All: Developing Mobile Applications For All Platforms." CITY TECH WRITER. Volume 9, 2014.
- David Ramirez and Benito Mendoza published "AppInventor vs. Appery.io." CITY TECH WRITER. Volume 9, 2014.
- Elston Alexis, Rosa L. Zavala, and Benito Mendoza presented "Analytics and Visualization Resources to Raise Alerts About Students in Need of Intervention", in the 2014 School of Science, Health and Technology Student Research Poster Competition at Medgar Evers College. March 12, 2014, Brooklyn, NY.
- Kacheef White, Rosa L. Zavala, and Benito Mendoza presented "Using Automatic Item Generation to Address Items Demand for CAT" in the 2014 School of Science, Health and Technology Student Research Poster Competition at Medgar Evers College. March 12, 2014, Brooklyn, NY.
- Adedamola Shomoye and Benito Mendoza presented "Querying and Interlinking Open Linked Data", in the Student presentation for LSAMP (Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation) CUNY, Spring 2014.
- Prof. Sunghoon Jang is the new Chairperson of the Computer Engineering Department. Welcome Dr. Jang to the CET department. (January 2014)
- Professors Jose Reyes Alamo, Benito Mendoza, Aparicio Carranza published the paper "Towards an Architecture for mobile Cloud Robotics" in the IIC Academic Conference, 2013.
- Alejandro Medina (student) and Dr. Benito Mendoza (mentor) presented the poster "On Developing Cross-Platform Mobile Applications With Open Source Technologies" as part of the Emerging Scholars Program. (Fall 2013)
- Prof. Edward Morton's student, Erick Barros, presented "Raspberry Pi's architecture and capabilities" as part of the LSAMP program (Summer 2013).
- Prof. Edward Morton's student, Renoldo Francis, presented "A Comparative Study of the Arduino & PIC Microcontroller Architecture" as part of the LSAMP program (Spring 2013).
- Prof. Mendoza published the book chapter titled "A Test-Driven Approach to Behavioral Queries for Service Selection" (with Laura Zavala and Michael N. Huhns) in Agile and Lean Service-Oriented Development: Foundations, Theory and Practice, Xiaofeng Wang, Nour Ali, Isidro Ramos, and Richard Vidgen (eds.), IGI Global, 2012, pp. 116-133.
- Profs. B. Mendoza, H. Wu, J. Reyes Alamo, A. Carranza were awarded with a Perkins grant for a project titled "Building a Video Lecture Library and an Interactive System for Learning and Practicing Computer Programming Concepts", 2012-2013.
- Two CITY TECH teams won the 1st place and 3rd place of the Robotics Tournament of Champions, a competition for NY metro and NY state colleges/universities hosted at CITY TECH this year.
- STEP Academy @ CITY TECH Robotics Team Takes Third Place at the Robotics Competition held during the 14th Annual STEP Statewide Conference in Albany.