STUDENT LIFE COORDINATOR
Office of Student Life & Development
Starting a Club
Any student at City Tech is welcome to start a club; the process is simple.
First, clubs must have four student officers, at least 15 people interested in being members and identify a club advisor (City Tech faculty or staff member). Once you have identified your members and advisors, there is paperwork that must be done; most of this is online. Finally, you must submit a club constitution. The constitution may state basic information about the club including the purpose and governing structure, the officers' functions, and club bylaws. A sample constitution is available online, under forms. Once the documentation is completed and approved, the club will be certified as a City Tech student club. As a recognized student organization at City Tech, your club will be allowed to meet on campus (when possible) and use City Tech resources.
Eligibility to Join Clubs and Student Organizations
- Students must be enrolled in New York City College of Technology as either a full or part-time student for the current academic year.
- You must be in good academic standing at the college to be eligible to join a club/student organization.
- Non-degree students aren’t eligible to join clubs or student organizations.
Click here to start finding and joining clubs and student organizations that you might be interested in.
How to Start a Club/Organization
The Club Certification process for new organizations is completed entirely online.
The steps in the process are as follows:
- Create a name for your club and think about the category it will fit into. There are two categories: Academic & Professional Clubs or Special Interests Clubs.
- Identify the club's officers: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Remember, a minimum of 15 members are required to form or re-certify a club.
- Selecting a faculty or staff person to be the club/organization's advisor. The advisor must be a full-time faculty member or administrative employee of the college.
- Complete an electronic authorized card on Presence, which requires the EMPLID number, City Tech Email and Full Name of the club's President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary and Club advisor. (You can submit a hard copy, click on forms tab for the authorization card)
- Now you can create your Club Page on Presence for approval
CLICK HERE TO START.
- Provide Club Name
- Welcome Message and Mission Statement
- Category Select "CLUBS"
- Meeting Location and Time
- On Campus or Virtual provide the appropriate rooms or links.
- Promo Video
- Contact Information
- Club President and Advisor
- Cover Image/Logo
- Social Media Handle
- Roster - Provide only members information.
- Wait to be notified by the Student Life & Development about the Status of your club authorization card and club page approval.
- Review and familiarize yourself with the Student Organization Resource Manual.
- If you encounter any issues or have questions contact Sabrina Santos, the Club Coordinator SSantos@citytech.cuny.edu. The deadline date is established each academic year. Your organization must comply with the deadline to receive full consideration of services and funding.
- A quote (if any is available), itemized shopping cart, or detailed spreadsheet of what the club needs.
- Need Check request form, for requesting items to be purchased.
Fill out form below and attach your reimbursement or Supply Order documents.
For document submission, you may go to the following link: https://citytech-cuny.presence.io/