Collegiate Science & Technology Entry Program (CSTEP)
CSTEP is a student success program designed to provide transfer students from underrepresented populations and economically disadvantaged backgrounds with the support needed to succeed in college.
What can CSTEP do for you?
- Access to small group and individual tutorial in various Science, Math, Engineering & Technology (STEM) subjects.
- A potential stipend of $600 per academic year for satisfactory academic progress and active participation
- Workshops on career planning and educational opportunities in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields.
- Program services and activities that include, but are not limited to: year-round academic advisement (including summer sessions), scholarship/internship referrals, access to free summer workshops and/or courses, and discounted review for licensing examinations.
- Month-long summer research opportunity conducting research with a faculty member with the potential to earn up to $1,200.
- Community Service opportunity to participate in a CSTEP "Day of Service" in the local community.
- Opportunities to present research at local, statewide and national conferences.
Who can apply?
- City Tech students enrolled full-time in an Associate OR Bachelor program. Eligible can be found here: Eligible CSTEP Majors
- New York State Resident.
- Member of an underrepresented group - African American, Latino/Hispanic, Native American descent OR economically disadvantaged according to NYSED guidelines (see the table in the application).
- Not enrolled ASAP or SEEK.
For more information email: CSTEP@citytech.cuny.edu