Office of the Registrar
Please Note: Requests for official transcripts can no longer be provided 'on the spot.' However, you may still submit your transcript request in person. Transcript requests are typically processed and mailed within 3 business days. During busy times (late registration and at the end of each semester) it may take as long as one week for processing. Please order your transcript(s) with enough time to meet your deadlines.
We process transcript requests for all alumni and former students of our college, and for current students who need an official transcript. ALL academic transcripts can be ordered:
New York City College of Technology is pleased to partner with Credentials Solutions on TranscriptsPlus®, to provide you with a convenient, on-line transcript ordering process.
TranscriptsPlus® can accept an order for up to 5 transcripts going to up to 5 different recipients. If you need to send more than 5 transcripts or have more than 5 recipients, you will need to enter multiple orders. At the completion of each order you will have the option to return to the beginning of the process and enter another order. In most cases, you will only have to enter the information that is different than in the previous order.
You must have one of the following credit/debit cards available to pay for this order:
- You must have a valid EMAIL address so that we can communicate with you about the status of your order.
- For credit card orders, we do not charge your credit card at the time you place your order. Instead, we validate your card information and "pre-authorize" the amount that will eventually be charged to your card when your order is completed. If your order is canceled before it is completed, there will be no charge to your credit card.
Shown below are charges for various transcript order options:
In order to comply with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), and to protect your rights, all transcript orders require authorization. The College provides the following procedure(s) for authorizing transcript orders:
Automatic Authorization: After your order has been entered online, we must first determine whether your order qualifies for Automatic Authorization. If we successfully authorize your order, we will send you a confirmation email
- We can automatically authorize your order if:
- You attended New York City College of Technology at any time from 1988 to the present
- The billing name on the credit card you use to pay for this order matches both the student name on this order and the student name in their records
- A specific number of fields in this order such as Student ID, Social Security No., and Date of Birth match the information in their records
- There are no attachments that must accompany your transcript.
Authorization Form: If we are unable to automatically authorize your order, we will email you an Authorization Form that you must then sign and return via fax or mail before your order can be completed.
Print out the TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM available on our website. Provide all necessary information and mail it to our office along with a $7 check or money order for each copy to;
- New York City College of Technology
- Office of the Registrar
- 300 Jay Street Room NG-15
- Brooklyn, NY 11201
Stop by our office and fill out a Transcript Request Form available to you at our service window or at our Registrar Resource Board located across from our service window. All transcript requests will be honored in the order of receipt. Most requests are processed within 3 business days. Arrangements can be made to pick up your transcript. Please order your transcript(s) with enough time to meet your deadlines.
NOTE: ALL TRANSCRIPTS REQUESTED FOR CUNY COLLEGES ARE FREE OF CHARGE. IF ORDERED ONLINE, ONLY THE HANDLING FEE IS CHARGED.
NOTE: NO TRANSCRIPT REQUEST WILL BE HONORED IF THE COLLEGE HAS IMPOUNDED YOUR STUDENT RECORDS. Request submitted to our office for students with STOP codes on their records will be returned unprocessed.
A transcript will NOT be released if a student has a “NEGATIVE SERVICE INDICATOR” (e.g., Bursar, Library, Financial Aid, etc.). Negative Service Indicators MUST be cleared before a transcript is released.