» Namm Hall 711 (N-711)
» View Department Website
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics Education (B.S.)
The New York City College of Technology, in the heart of vibrant downtown Brooklyn, introduces a new and unique four-year Bachelor's degree to prepare mathematics teachers for middle school and high school. Our program is designed to prepare mathematics teachers with a solid pedagogical foundation that is complemented by an extensive mathematical background. The program is accredited by the New York State Education Department.
- Extensive teaching experience in high schools and middle schools.
- Solid mathematical training.
- Pedagogical training focused on the mathematics classroom.
- Integration of mathematics and pedagogy courses.
- Extensive training in the use of technology to promote active learning.
- Elective courses designed to provide a broad foundation in the application of mathematical principles.
- Preparation for Master's degree programs in either mathematics education or pure mathematics.
- An international faculty of more than 40 dedicated professors in both mathematics and mathematics education. The 18 professors who are most heavily involved in program are listed at right.