Bachelor of Technology in
Mechanical Engineering Technology
This new Bachelors is unique in its nature. Its curriculum is multidisciplinary and addresses both the theory and the hands-on experience of industry-standard tools in manufacturing and industrial design. This new degree provides a broad-based engineering technology education required to solve engineering problems, including design and analysis.
The interdisciplinary nature of this Bachelors offers expanded job opportunities and more flexible capabilities for graduates. It uniquely addresses local industry needs for high-level and highly skilled engineering technologists. Graduates will have the skills and knowledge to become Product Design Engineers, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineers, Process/Project supervisors or Maintenance supervisor.
Program Educational Objectives for BTech Degree in MET
- To be employed as engineering technologist or designer.
- To be enrolled in graduate programs in mechanical engineering technology or other related engineering technology fields.
- To practice effective oral, written, and in graphical communication skills.
- To possess basic multidisciplinary concurrent engineering knowledge and teamwork skills.
Student outcomes for the BTech Degree in MET
- an ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the discipline to broadly-defined engineering technology activities
- an ability to select and apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies.
- an ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments; and to apply experimental results to improve processes
- an ability to design systems, components, or processes for broadly-defined engineering technology problems appropriate to program educational objectives
- an ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team;
- an ability to identify, analyze, and solve broadly-defined engineering technology problems
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- an understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development
- an understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity;
- a knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context; and
- a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement
Program Criteria for the BTech Degree in MET
- The programs demonstrates an applied basis in engineering mechanics /science
- Students will be able to apply MET principals to the analysis, development, or oversight of advanced mechanical systems or processes.
» Click here for annual enrollment and graduation data.
This program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.