» Namm Hall 203 (N-203)
← Back to Faculty Listing
- Graduate Center: City University of New York, PhD, (Urban Education) (in progress)
- Long Island University: C.W. Post Campus, M.P.A. (Public Administration) - 1990
- Long Island University: C.W. Post Campus, B.S. (Radiologic Technology) - 1988
- New York City College of Technology, A.A.S. (Radiologic Technology and Medical Imaging) - 1982
Professional Advanced Certification & Licenses:
- 1982 - New York State Radiologic Technologist License
- 1982 - American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) - Radiography
- 1991 - ARRT: Advanced Certification - Mammography
- 1999 - ARRT: Advanced Certification - Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- 1999 - ARRT: Advanced Certification - Quality Management
- 2001 - ARRT: Advanced Certification - Computerized Tomography
Professional Experience and Research:
- Karen Bonsignore, an associate professor and Program Coordinator of the Department of Health Services Administration at New York City College of Technology and is currently the project director of the ePortfolio project. From 1999 to 2001 she served as the Clinical Coordinator in the Radiologic Technologic & Medical Imaging Program.
- She is certified in advanced imaging modalities, including mammography, quality management, and magnetic resonance imaging and computerized tomography.
- Prof. Bonsignore received her A.A.S. degree in Radiologic Technology and Medical Imaging from New York City College of Technology, and a B.S. degree in Radiologic Technology and an M.P.A. in Public Administration from Long Island University's C.W. Post campus.
- Prof. Bonsignore is also a past president of the Alumni Association of the New York City College of Technology.
- Research interests include improving student learning with the implementation of technology and program assessment.
- Health Care Informatics (Hybrid) - Course Coordinator
- Health Services Administration Internship (Online) - Course Co-coordinator
- Patient Care & Management(Web-enhanced) - Course Co-coordinator
- Patient Care & Management Laboratory - Course Co-coordinator
- Cross-Sectional Anatomy for Radiographers
- Radiographic Technique Laboratory
- Diagnostic Radiographic Physics - Course Coordinator
- Clinical Education
- Radiographic Technique
- Mammography for Technologist
Professional Affiliations, Memberships, Committees:
- Association of Collegiate Educators in Radiologic Technology (ACERT); Member 1999-present
- American Association of Higher Education (AAHE) ; Member 1999-present
- Association of Educators in Imaging and Radiologic Sciences (AEIRS); Member 1998-present
- Association of Educators in Radiologic Technology of the State of New York (AERT) ; Member 1998-present
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT); Member 1982-present
- Nassau/Suffolk Society of Radiologic Technologists (NSSRT) ; Member 1982-present
Bonsignore, K., & Maiellaro, D. (2007). "Radiography Exam with CD-ROM".
New York: Kaplan Publishers
Conference Proceedings and Presentations:
Bonsignore, "Using An iSkills Exam For Programmatic Assessment And Improvement", Texas A & M University 9th Annual Assessment Conference -Using Assessment to Demonstrate Improvement, Texas, February 2009
Bonsignore & Rodriquez, "Transitioning From Traditional Course Delivery To Hybrid And Online Formats", Baltimore, 2008
Bonsignore, "The Electronic Teaching Portfolio: A Method for Documenting Teaching and Learning" 19th International Conference on College Teaching and Learning, Florida, April, 2008
Bonsignore, LaPerla & Wilkin, "Redefining Career ePortfolios for the Millennial Generation," The 2008 Annual Meeting of the American Association of Community Colleges, Philadelphia, 2008
Bonsignore, "Engaged Learners: Teaching and Presentation Tools for the Video Game Generation," The International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists' 14th World Congress Denver, 2006