» Namm Hall 524 (N-524)
» Personal Website
← Back to Faculty Listing
Suzanne Miller, Assistant Professor
SUZANNE MILLER's plays include Young Love, Flirting with the Deep End (Dramatic Publishing); Beatrice; The Handwriting, The Soup and The Hats; and Abigail's Atlas. Her work has been seen in New York, Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, Omaha, Providence, New Haven and at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
Current projects include the musical stage adaptation of the popular children's book series Pete the Cat (with composer Allison Leyton-Brown, commissioned by the Rose Theater, September 2015); a musical stage adaptation of Leo Lionni's Frederick (with composers Sarah Durkee and Paul Jacobs – Omaha's Rose Theater, April 2014; Chicago Children's Theatre, October–November 2014; published by Dramatic Publishing, 2015); and the new play No Place for a Man. Previously, Miller developed the musical Kissing Frogs at Bridge2Broadway, Orange County School of the Arts, July 2013.
After graduating from University of Pennsylvania, Miller went on to receive her MFA in playwriting from Brown University, where she studied with Paula Vogel, Charles Mee, Aishah Rahman, and Mac Wellman. Miller was an original company member of Annex Theater in Seattle, and a founding member of the Seattle Playwrights Alliance.
Miller is also the co-editor of City Tech Writer: Outstanding Student Writing from All Disciplines.
- MFA, Creative Writing, Brown University
- BA, English, University of Pennsylvania
- Creative Writing
- American Theater
- English 1101
- English 1121
- Advanced Career Writing (English 3771)
- Flirting with the Deep End (Dramatic Publishing, 2007)
- Beatrice (Rain City Projects, 2000)
- The Handwriting, the Soup, and the Hats excerpted in More Monologues for Women by Women (Heinemann, 1996 and Rain City Projects, 1996)
- Abigail's Atlas (Rain City Projects, 1992)
- Greta (Bloomington Playwrights Project, May 2014)
- Leo Lionni's "Frederick" (The Rose Theater, Omaha, NE. March-April, 2014)
- Vacationland (Northwest Film Forum, Seattle, WA. November, 2002)
- Beatrice (Annex Theatre, Seattle, WA. April-May, 2000; Circle X Theatre Company, Los Angeles, CA. July, 1999; Steinberg Festival of New Plays, Trinity Repertory Company, Providence, RI. January, 1998)
- Buried Cable: Call Before You Dig (Annex Theatre, Seattle, WA. January, 1999)
- The Handwriting, the Soup, and the Hats (Sacred Fools Theatre, Hollywood, CA. July, 1998; Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland. August, 1997; The Summer Cabaret at Yale, New Haven, CT. July, 1997; Annex Theatre, Seattle, WA. July, 1996)
- Birth of a Moon (Steinberg Festival of New Plays, Trinity Repertory Company, Providence, RI. February, 1997)
- The Knocking (New City Theatre, Seattle, WA. March, 1996)
- Popsy and Lorraine (Annex Theatre, Seattle, WA. November, 1993)
- Abigail's Atlas (Annex Theatre, Seattle, WA. September, 1992)