» Namm Hall 512 (N-512)
← Back to Faculty Listing
Nina Bannett, Associate Professor and
ENG 092W, ENG 1101, ENG 1121 ,ENG 2000, ENG 2150
Ph.D. American Literature, CUNY Graduate Center
M. Phil, English, CUNY Graduate Center
M.A. English, Queens College, CUNY
B.A. English, summa cum laude, Queens College, CUNY
19th and 20th century American literature, American women writers, Law and Literature and Feminist Theory.
- Bannett, Nina. These Acts of Water: Poems. ELJ Publications (Washingtonville, NY): February 2015.
- "Revival Meeting." (poem) CALYX, 2014.
- "Plath's Recipe." (poem) Bellevue Literary Review 12.2 (Fall 2012): 155. Bellevue Literary Review is a peer-reviewed journal published by the Department of Medicine, NYU Langone Medical Center.
- Lithium Witness. (chapbook) Finishing Line Press: 2011.
- "Abide With Me." (poem) Open Minds Quarterly: A Psychosocial Literary Journal 10.4 (Winter 2009): 15.
- "Lithium Witness." (poem) Open Minds Quarterly: A Psychosocial Literary Journal 10.4 (Winter 2009): 15.
- Bannett, Nina. “Reclaiming Sentimentalism in Edith Wharton’s Summer.” The Edith Wharton Review, 31.1-2 (Spring-Fall 2015): 29-56.
- "The Benefits of Using Anzia Yezierska's Immigrant Narratives in the Developmental Writing Classroom. "Teaching American Literature: A Journal of Theory and Practice. 3.3/4 (Spring/Summer 2010).
- "'Unrighteous Compact': Louisa May Alcott's Resistance to Contracts in Moods." Popular Nineteenth-Century American Women Writers and the Literary Marketplace. Eds. Mary De Jong and Earl Yarington. Cambridge Scholars Press. 2007. 329-348.
- "Cuban Femininity and National Unity in Louisa May Alcott's Moods and Elizabeth Stoddard's 'Eros and Anteros.'" Women in Anglophone Literary Culture: Nineteenth and Twentieth Century Perspectives. Ed. Robin Hammerman. Cambridge Scholars Press. 2007. 136-162.
- Keepsakes, Promises, Exchange: Female Friendship in Harriet Beecher Stowe's The Pearl of Orr's Island." The New England Quarterly. 87.3 (September 2014): 412-433.