Muhammad Ali Ummy
» Voorhees Hall 736 (V-736)
← Back to Faculty Listing
Dr. Muhammad Ali Ummy
Areas of Interest
- Fiber Laser, fiber laser sensor
- Optical Communications
- Photonic systems for non-telecom applications (e.g., sensors)
- Photosensitivity and fiber Bragg gratings
- Nonlinear Optics: Raman and parametric effects in fiber and design of devices using SOAs.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering,The Graduate Center at The City University of New York
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering
- EET 2271: Circuit Analysis Laboratory
- EET 2220: Electronic Controls
- EET 2162: Digital Electronics I
- EET 2120: Advanced Circuit Analysis
- EET 1122: Circuit Analysis I
- S. Peiris, N. Madamopoulos, N. Antoniades, D. Richards M. A. Ummy and R. Dorsinville 'Engineering an Extended Gain Bandwith Hybrid Raman-Optical Parametric Amplifier for next generation CWDM PON,' Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 32, Issue 5, pp. 939-946 (2014)
- M. A. Ummy, N. Madamopoulos, Mohammed Razani A. Hossain and R. Dorsinville, "Switchable dual-wavelength SOA-based fiber laser with continuous tunability over the C-band at room-temperature" , OPTICS EXPERSS, Vol. 20, pp 23367-23373, (Oct, 2012)
- ASM Delowar Hossain, M. Kouar, M. Ummy, M. Razani "Alleviation of Downstream Impediments of a Passive Optical Network through Implementation of a Distributed Architecture"Â International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Volume 2, Issue 7, July 2012
- S. Peiris, N. Madamopoulos, N. Antoniades, M.A. Ummy, R. Dorsinville, and M. Ali, "Extended gain bandwidth low ripple hybrid Raman-parametric amplifier design for PON applications," IEEE Photonics Conference 2012, paper No: ME-2, Burlingame, California, 23 - 27 September 2012.
- M. A. Ummy, N. Madamopoulos, Mohammed Razani, A. Hossain and R. Dorsinville, "Characterization of dual wavelength SOA based fiber laser" International Conference on Fiber Optics and Photonics, (OSA), INDIA, Dec 2012
- S. Peiris, N. Madamopoulos, N. Antoniades , M.A. Ummy, M. Ali and R. Dorsinville, "Optimization of Gain-Bandwidth and Gain-Ripple of a Hybrid Raman-Parametric Amplifier for Access Network Applications", APPLIED OPTICS, Vol. 51, No. 32, (2012)
- M. A. Ummy, N. Madamopoulos, A. Joyo, M. Kouar, and R. Dorsinville, "Tunable multi-wavelength SOA based linear cavity dual-output port fiber laser using Lyot-Sagnac loop mirror" OPTICS EXPRESS, Vol. 19, Issue 4, pp. 3202-3211(2011)
- M. A. Ummy, N. Madamopoulos, and R. Dorsinville, "Tunable Multi-wavelength SOA based Linear Cavity fiber laser source for Optical Communications Applications",Â Proceedings of the ICCIT-11, Aqaba, Jordan, March (2011)
- M. A. Ummy, N. Madamopoulos, P. Lama, and R. Dorsinville, "Dual Sagnac Loop Mirror SOA-based Widely Tunable Dual-Output Port Fiber Laser" OPTICS EXPRESS, Vol. 17, Issue 17, pp. 14495-14501(2009)
- M. A. Ummy, M. F. Arend, L. Leng, N. Madamopoulos and R. Dorsinville, "Extending the flat gain bandwidth of combined Raman-parametric fiber amplifiers using highly nonlinear fiber." Journal of Lightwave Technology, 27, 583-589, (2009).
- M. A. Ummy, N. Madamopoulos, P. Lama, and R. Dorsinville, "Dual-Output Port Widely Tunable Fiber Laser based on a SOA Dual Sagnac Loop Mirror Configuration" TuN: III-V and Hybrid, Proceedings of the LEOS, Belek-Antalya, Turkey, October (2009)
- M. A. Ummy, Nicholas Madamopoulos and Roger Dorsinville, "SOA-based Loop Mirror for Tunable Pulse-Width Generation." Optics Communications, Vol. 282, Issue 13, pp 2608-2614, (2009)
- B. Pathak, M. A. Ummy, N. Madamopoulos, N. Antoniades, M. A. Ali and R. Dorsinville, "Experimental demonstration of a distributed ring based EPON architecture" Photonic Network Communications, September, (2009)
- N. Madamopoulos, N. Antoniades, B. Pathak, M. A. Ummy, "PON ring architectures for truly shared LAN capability and dynamic bandwidth allocation for fiber wireless (FiWi) applications," Proceedings of the SPIE Photonics West, OPTO 2009, San Jose, CA, Jan. (2009).
- M. A. Ummy, M. Arend, M. Ali, R. Dorsinville, "Measurement of Nonlinear Phase of a SOA using an Asymmetric Loop Mirror" Optics & Laser Technology, Volume 40, Issue 8, Pages 995-999, November (2008).