Dr. Mohammad Razani
» Voorhees Hall 734 (V-734)
← Back to Faculty Listing
Dr. Mohammad Razani, Chair
Areas of Interest:
- Satellite Communications
- Microwave Remote Sensing
- Information and Communications Technologies, ICT
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of Kansas
- M.S.E.E. in Electrical Engineering, Kansas State University
- B.S.E.E. in Electrical Engineering, Kansas State University
- ET 212: Electronics
- ET 252: Electronics Laboratory
- ET 313: Communications Electronics
- TC 100: Introduction to Telecommunications
- TC 410: Transmission Systems
- TC 570: Computer Systems
- TC 611: Satellite Transmission Theory
- TC 611L: Satellite Transmission Laboratory
- TC 740: Telecommunications Network Management
- TC 750: Legal and Regulatory Issues in Telecommunications
- TC 870: Telecommunication Seminar
- M. Razani, “Power Line Carrier Communications,” Google Books, 1976, 120 pages
- M. Razani, "General Principles of Satellite Communications," Bank of Industry and Mine, 1991, 238 pages.
- M. Razani, "Information, Communication, and Space Technology,” Taylor & Francis Group, CRC Press, Feb. 2012, 280 pages. http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781439841631
- M. Razani, several sections in CCITT (ITU) Handbook on Rural Telecommunications, 1983-84.
- M. Razani, "General Overview of the Existing Digital Radio Relay Systems,' in GAS-3 Handbook, (ITU), September 1986.
- M. Razani, M. Murakami (Japan), B. Bartel (USA), and C. Bremenson (France), "Evaluation of Radio Relay Systems," in GAS-3 Handbook, September 1987.
- M. Razani, et al, "General Criteria to Assess Quality and Economical Comparison among Satellites, HF, Radio Relay and Troposcatter Systems in the Rural Telecommunications Environment," in GAS-7 Handbook, 1991.
Papers published in Proceedings and presented at Conferences by Dr. Razani only (last five years):
- M. Razani, “Educational Significance of Information and Communications Technologies and its Impact on US Economy,” NCTT Winter Conference, January 12-13, 2007, San Francisco, CA.
- M. Razani, “Monitoring and Evaluation of ICT in Educational Environment,” NCTT’s Winter 2008 Conference “Business and Industry Trends in Convergence Technology Education,” January 4-8, 2008, Costa Mesa, CA.
- M. Razani, “Impact of Information and Communication Technology on Educational Outcomes,” 2008 SAME-TEC Conference, July 28-31, 2008, Austin, Texas.
- M. Razani, “Educating the Engineers and Technologists to Meet the Future Industrial Needs,” National & Mid Pacific ICT Educator Conference, January 7 & 8, 2010, San Francisco, CA.
- M. Razani, “Future Directions is Engineering and Technology Education,” 2010 ASEE GSW Annual Conference Program “Bridge to Industry,” March 24-26, 2010 Lake Charles, Louisiana.
- M. Razani, “ICT Role in Educating the Future Industry Bound Engineers and Technologists,”10th International Conference on Information at Delta University for Science & Technology Gamasa, Egypt, 4 – 6 December 2010.
- M. Razani, “Satellite Communication Applications in Classroom Environment,” National and Mid-Pacific Centers Winter ICT Educator Conference, January 5-6, 2012, San Francisco, CA.The presentation is on YouTube @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z0bM9vX4m8
- M. Razani, “Space Technology, a Viable Platform for College Education,” NYSETA Spring 2012 Conference Program, City Tech-CUNY.
- M. Razani, “Space Technology Principles and Applications,” High Impact Technology Exchange Conference Educating America’s Technical Workforce, July 23-26, 2012.
Journal & Conference Papers written with other colleagues (last two years):
- Vladutescu, V.; Y. Wu; B. Gross; F. Moshary; S. Ahmed; R. Blake; M. Razani, “Remote Sensing Instruments used for Measurement and Model Validation of Optical Parameters of Atmospheric Aerosols,” by IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement on January 19th, 2011. Paper Number IM-11-4197.
- Sunghoon Jang+, Peter Spellane, and Mohammad Razani “Proposing a New Study in Non-Invasive Amperometric Glucose Sensing Technology through the NYC-LSAMP Summer Fellowship Program.” ASEE MIDDLE ATLANTIC SECTION. FALL CONFERENCE 2011 OCTOBER 28-29, 2011.
- V. Vladutescu, M. Razani,et.al, “Aerosal Optical Depth by Fine and Coarse Mode Measured by MFRSR and CIMEL, Sunphotometers during the IOP at BNL in The Summer of 2011,” 92nd American Meteorological Society Annual Meeting, January 22-26, 2012.
- V. Vladutescu, B. Mahdvan, B. Gross, A. Aguirre, F. Moshary, M. Razani, R. Blake, “Assessment of MFRSR calibration techniques and applications,”IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation Measurement. IM-12-5649, received March 26, 2012
- Hossain, Delowar; M. Kouar; M. Ummy; M. Razani, “Alleviation of Downstream Impediments of a Passive Optical Network Through Implementation of a Distributed Architecture,” International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering (ISSN 2250-2459, Volume 2, Issue 7), July 14, 2012.
- M.A.Ummy, M. Razani, et.al,” Switchable Dual Wavelength SOA-Based Fiber Laser With Continuous Tunability Over the C-Band at Room Temperature,” 32 nd Progress in Electromagnetics Research Symposium (PIERS). August 19-23, 2012, Moscow, Russia.
- M.A.Ummy, N, Madamopoulos, M. Razani, A. Hossain, R. Dorsinville,” Switchable Dual Wavelength SOA Based Fiber Laser With Continuous Tunability Over the C-Band at Room Temperature, Manuscript ID: 172181, Optical Express, Oct. 2012.
Membership in Professional Societies:
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society (GRSS)
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology Department Heads Association (ECETDHA)
Books Written By Dr. Razani:
"Power Line Carrier Communications," M. Razani,Google Books, 1976, 120 pages
"General Principles of Satellite Communications," M. Razani, Bank of Industry and Mine, 1991, 238 pages.
"Information, Communication, and Space Technology," M. Razani, Taylor & Francis, CRC Press, Feb. 2012, 280 pages.