- Nicholas Manos
|Institution||Dates Attended||Degree & Major||Date Conferred|
|Bernard Baruch College||1983-1985||M.S. Higher Ed Administration||06/1985|
|Manhattan College||1972-1976||B.S. Biology||05/1976|
|New York City Community College||1977-1979||A.A.S Dental Laboratory Technology||01/1979|
|Conferred by||License/ Certificate||Date Conferred|
|National Board for
|Certified Dental Technician (CDT) , Crown & Bridge||06/1982|
|National Board for Certification (NBC)||Certified Dental Laboratory,
|National Board for Certification (NBC)||Technologist||10/2006|
|NYC Fire Department||G95 Certification of Fitness – Torch Use of Flammable Gases (Cutting & Welding)||7/13/2009|
|New York City College of Technology||07/93-Present||Professor||Restorative Dentistry|
|New York City College of Technology||07/91 - June 31, 2008||Chairperson||Restorative Dentistry|
|New York City College of Technology||01/92-01/94||Associate Professor||Dental Laboratory Technology|
|New York City College of Technology||01/85-12/91||Assistant Professor||Dental Laboratory Technology|
|New York City College of Technology||09/82-12/84||Instructor||Dental Laboratory Technology|
|New York City College of Technology||01/81-09/82||Adjunct Instructor||Dental Laboratory Technology|
|09/82-88||Dental Studios, Inc.||Dental Technician||All areas of Dental Technology|
|09/78-09/82||Saul Karpik Dental Studio||Dental Technician||Crown & Bridge, Ceramics, Full Dentures|
|03/78-08/78||Karen & Spinella Dental Studios||Dental Technician||Crown & Bridge, Full Dentures, Partial Dentures|
|12/76-02/78||McAndrews Dental Laboratory||Dental Technician||Full Dentures, Partial Dentures|
- DL - 107 Dental Materials
- DL - 110 Tooth Morphology
- DL - 111 Complete Dentures
- DL - 115 Fixed Prosthodontics I
- DL - 211 Complete Dentures II
- DL - 212 Fixed Prosthodontics II
- DL - 214 Introduction to Restorative Dental Ceramics
- DL - 307 Metallic Dental Materials
- DL - 310 Principles of Occlusion
- DL - 311 Complete Dentures III
- DL - 314 Restorative Dental Ceramics II
- DL - 409 Laboratory Management
Academic and Professional Honors
- Michael Rofrano Memorial Award for Crown & Bridge Excellence, New York City Community College - January 1979
- Educator of The Year Award presented by DLANY – September 2006
Publications and Presentations
- Dental Materials Quiz, Quintessence of Dental Technology, September, 1984.
- Complete Denture Quiz, Quintessence of Dental Technology, January, 1984.
- Dental Morphology Quiz, Quintessence of Dental Technology, June, 1985.
- Building a Crown Over a Reduced Transfer Coping, Quintessence of Dental Technology, Feb., 1986.
- In Defense of the Two Year Curriculum, Dental Lab News, March, 1987.
- Annotation of Teeth - The Coding System, Dental Lab News, July, 1987.
- Articulators - Types and Uses - Modern Dental Lab (Part I - 3/89, Part II - 5/89, Part III - 7/89.)
- Where is Dental Technology Headed - Dental Lab News - June, 1989.
- Esthetics, Complete Dentures and Facial Muscles - Trends and Techniques, March, 1990.
- Clinician at numerous conferences such as the International Education Congress.
- Dental Lab Association Conference, The Dental Hygiene Association of New York State, The New Jersey Dental Laboratory Association, The North Carolina Association.
- Clinician at Long Island NTEC Conference.
- Examiner for the National Board for Certification, 2000 - Present
- American Dental Association - Curriculum Consultant and Staff Representative to the Commission on Dental Accreditation
- National Association of Dental Laboratories - Board member of the Foundation for Dental Technology, 2008-present
- Manos, N., Budny, R. (2011, January). History in the making. IDT: Inside Dental Technology, Chicago, IL: Argis Publishing, p. 32-39.
- Budny, R., Manos, M. (2011, April 1). Origins of restorative dentistry. NYCCT, CUNY: Fifth Annual City Tech Research Conference.
- Interview published in February issue of LMT: Time to get schooled. (2011, June/July). JDT: Journal of Dental Technology, p.48
- Budny, R., Manos, N. (2011, September). New York’s dental laboratory higher education: how it all began. LMT: Lab Management Today. Retrieved from http://www.lmtmag.com/articles/517.
- Budny, R., Manos, N. (2011 November 27). Origins. New York: Greater New York Dental Meeting.
- Manos, M., Budny, R. (2011, November 17). History in the making. Brooklyn, NY: City Tech Ninth Annual Poster Session, NYCCT, CUNY.
- Budny, R., Manos, M. (2011, November 17). New York’s dental laboratory higher education: how it all began. Brooklyn, NY: City Tech Ninth Annual Poster Session, NYCCT, CUNY.
Membership in Professional Societies
- Editorial Review Board for Trends and Techniques (1988-1996).
- Greater New York C.D.T. Study Group (Secretary 1985-1992, President 1992-1997).
- National Board for Certification (Crown & Bridge, Complete Dentures 1982-present).
- American Association of Dental Schools, Dental Lab Section (Secretary 1987-1988).
- American Association of Dental Schools, Dental Lab Section (Chairman Elect 1989).
- American Association of Dental Schools, D.L.T. Section (Chair 1990).
- Curriculum Consultant - American Dental Association/Commission on Dental Accreditation (1990-present).
- Dental Laboratory Association of New York – Congress Committee
- Northeastern Gnathological Society (2002-present.)
- National Board for Certification –"Technologist" - 2007 - present
- The Foundation for Dental Laboratory Technology, Board of Trustee member, 2008-2011
- Inside Dental Technology, Editorial Advisory Board member, 2011-Present
- Examiner for NYC Department of Education/DLT Exam, 2011-Present