WELCOME TO THE DEPARTMENT OF
Our department offers two programs:
COMPUTER ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- Electromechanical Engineering Technology (EMT) leads to an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree (in two years); and
- Computer Engineering Technology (CET) leads to a Bachelor of Technology (BTech) degree (with an additional two years of study).
Why should I choose CET @ CityTech?
- Offers a unique multidisciplinary program with theoretical and practical foundations in current and emerging technologies
- Hands-on experience that will provide practical skills you will use in your career
- Accomplished faculty members who bring a wealth of knowledge from industry and business
- Smaller class sizes with a friendly atmosphere for each individual
- Well-equipped laboratory settings, modern computers and measuring instruments
What will I learn?
The basics of
- Electrical technology,
- Mechanical technology,
- Computer hardware,
- Computer software,
- Computer networking, and
- integration of these technologies with computer control of electromechanical devices.
What are my career options?
- work with the familiar workstations or servers found on corporate desktops or in "back offices"
- work with "embedded" PCs
- carry out measurement and control functions in settings ranging from hospitals to transportation systems to electrical power plants
- work with individual PCs and devices interconnected to a local area network or the Internet
- perform routine computing tasks
- serve as the "brains" of a variety of "smart" devices, such as industrial robots
The AAS and BTech programs in the Computer Engineering Technology department are accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology. (TAC/ABET 415 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 – Tel: 410.347.7700).