Associate in Applied Science in ELECTROROMECHANICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY (AAS in EMT)
AAS – EMT - A Unique Multidisciplinary Program
- Only one of its kind within the CUNY System !!
- Developed in response to the need to prepare competent technicians with special skills needed by the computer industry
- Prepares students to diagnose and analyze electromechanical problems associated with the development, performance and servicing of computers and computer-based office automation equipment, complex electromechanical industrial equipment and systems, biomedical instrumentation and robotics
- Fifty percent of the curriculum is devoted to individualized laboratory instruction using state-of-the-art equipment
- Students build their own devices for takehome experimentation and will assemble, program and test their own IBM-compatible computer system
- The curriculum is accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (TAC/ABET)
Where are the AAS-EMT graduates placed?
- Continue on at City Tech two more years, for the baccalaureate (BTech) degree in computer engineering technology
- Qualify for the occupational titles such as
- field engineer
- computer-repair technician
- business machines technician
- data processing equipment specialist
- electromechanical technician
- laboratory technician
- production assembly technician
- biomedical instruments service technician
- robotics service technician
Who are the potential employers?
Manufacturers and users of computer and electromechanical equipment are potential employers of graduates.
The employers of the graduates of this program include
- the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA)
- Metro North Rail Road
- Xerox Corp
- Consolidated Edison
- Eastman Kodak
- the elevator industry