Professor Iem Heng earned his bachelor’s degree from Providence College (Providence, RI) with double majors in Pre-Engineering Program and mathematics. In addition, he earned another bachelor’s degree from Columbia University (New York, NY) in mechanical engineering and master’s in applied mathematics from Western Michigan University (Kalamazoo, MI); his Ph.D. in computational and applied mathematics from Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA). Before joining the EMT/CET department at City Tech in fall of 2007, he was a faculty member and chair of the CET program at DeVry Institute of Technology (Long Island City, NY). He worked as a researcher for NASA – Langley Base in Hampton, VA, for 2 years. His research activities include embedded systems, software development for embedded systems with real time simulation, real time gamming simulation programming, and web application programming.
• EMT 1120 – Technical Graphics
• CET 3510 – Microcomputer Systems Technology
• CET 4864 – Principles of Feedback Control Systems
• IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers)
• SIAM (Society of Industrial in Applied Mathematics)
• ETA (Electronic Technology Association)
• ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineering)