- Anne Zissu
- Professor and Chair
June 1978 Maturita, Liceo Scientifico of Florence-Italy
June 1981 Paris X, University of Nanterre (Paris), B.A. in Economics.
June 1983 Paris X, University of Nanterre (Paris), M.A. in Econometrics.
Jan 1988 The Graduate School and University Center of the City University of New York, Ph.D In Economics (Field Econometrics).
Languages::French, Italian, Rumanian and English.
Academic awards while student: :
Fall 1981 to Spring 1982: Paris X University Research Fellowship
Fall 1984 to Spring 1985: N.Y. State University Fellowship.
Fall 1984: N.Y. State Community Colleges Project Internship.
Fall 1985: N.Y. State University Fellowship.
Fall 1984 to 1987: Adjunct Professor of Finance and Economics at Baruch College and Rutgers University.
Fall 1987: Assistant Professor of Finance and Economics at Bard College.
Spring 1988 to June 2008: Professor (Associate since June 1996) of Finance, Temple University and Visiting Professor at University Paris-Dauphine.
Summer 1994: Paris-Dauphine University Teaching Fellowship
Summer 1995: Paris-Dauphine University Teaching Fellowship
CREATION OF NEW COURSES:
- "Asset backed Securities": I developed, with Charles A. Stone, this course for graduate programs of business schools in Paris (Paris-Dauphine University, and Ecole Superieure de Commerce de Paris), where it is taught every year. It has been taught at several other institutions such as the ISMA Centre, Reading University, in England; the Securities and Exchange Commission, in Washington DC; JP Morgan in New York; HEC in Paris; ESSEC in Paris; The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University; Euromoney, in New York.
- I developed with Charles A. Stone, a course for the Graduate School of Science Po. (Institut d'etudes des Sciences Politiques) for summer 1994. The course was entitled: "Informatique et Gestion Financiere de l'Entreprise
Book Review for MIT Press:
"Securitization: A Primer on Securitization" edited by Leon Kendall and Michael J. Fishman, 1996, M.I.T. Press. This was a series of 15 chapters. An extract of my review appears on the back of the book.
Served as referee for:
- The Journal of Business and Economics
- Financial Management
- Journal of Financial Services Research
- The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics
- Belgium Actuarial Bulletin
- Journal of Applied Economics
CONSULTING IN SECURITIZATION FOR:
Anne Zissu has consulted for numerous institutions that are involved in the market of mortgage and asset-backed securities. Her consulting experience includes:
- Research for a European bond insurance company;
- Reverse engineering asset-backed deals for an international investment bank that is active in structuring, underwriting and trading securitized issues;
- Financial engineering regulatory arbitrage for Bear Stearns;
- Worked with several hedge funds to structure investments in pools of senior life settlements.
- Expert adviser in the MBNA securitization of credit card litigation.
- Expert adviser in securitization of health care receivable law suit.
ANNE ZISSU MEMBER OF SOCIETY OF INDUSTRY LEADERS MEMBER
Anne Zissu, Associate Professor of Finance, has been approved in 2006 as a Society of Industry Leaders ("SIL") member, a subsidiary of Standard and Poor's. Standard & Poor's Vista Research Clients, traditionally hedge fund and mutual fund analysts, submit consultation requests based on their industry research or investment to the Society of Industry Leaders.
- Inventors: Anne Zissu and Charles Stone have filed February 28th, 2007 a patent application titled "Method and apparatus for comparison of variable term financial instruments using life extension duration computation". The patent has been published on the Patent Office website August 28, 2008: US 2008/0208765 A1, (http://aiw2.uspto.gov/.aiw?Docid=20080208765&idkey=NONE)
SEMINAR PRESENTATIONS FOR PRACTITIONERS:
- Longevity and Mortality Risk, Life & Pension, 18-19 September 2008 New York: “Securitization of senior life settlements: risks and solutions”, with Charles Stone.
- 4TH ANNUAL GLOBAL SECURITIZATION SYMPOSIUM, Paris, May 15-18, 2001: Evaluating the Available Market Options for New and Infrequent Issuers (with Charles A. Stone)
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION (FMA), Financial Planning and Analysis Corporate Round Table, Chicago, October 1998: Corporate Constraints and Socially Responsible Investing (with Charles A. Stone).
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION (FMA), Financial Planning and Analysis Corporate Round Table, New Orleans, October 1997: Asset-Backed Commercial Papers (with Charles A. Stone).
- Financial Management Association International, 25th Anniversary, New York October 18-21 1995: Financial Planning and Analysis Corporate Roundtable: "Strategies and Tactics used in Treasury Management within a Corporation".
- The Financier's Paris Seminar, June 1995: Structuring Access to the Capital and Money Markets via Securitization: "The Secondary Market in European Mortgage Backed Securities".
- Bear, Stearns & Co. New York, March, 1995: "Risk Based Capital Regulations: An Opportunity for Regulatory Arbitrage in Securitization".
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Washington D.C. April 1995: "How Securitization Complements the German Pfandbrief".
- AMERICAN CONFERENCE INSTITUTE: Cross Border Securitization and Finance, November 2, 1994, New York: The Benefits of Securitization-The Potential Impediments, and how they can be overcome-Funding Cross-Border Deals in the U.S. Capital Markets.
- The Financier's Paris Seminar, June 1994: The Architecture of Capital and Money Market Transactions: "Recourse and Regulatory Arbitrage".
DESIGN AND ORGANIZATION OF PROFESSIONAL SEMINARS
- EUROMONEY CONFERENCES, June 26-27, 1991 Paris, France: "Asset Backed Financing in the European Market" - Directors: Charles Austin Stone and Anne Zissu.
- EUROMONEY Conference: June 1992 Brussels, Belgium: "Structured Finance: Design, Engineering, and Production" - Directors: Charles Austin Stone and Anne Zissu.
- INTERNATIONAL FINANCING REVIEW Seminar, November 17 & 18, 1992, London U.K.: "Risk Based Capital Regulations: Banking within the Constraints" - Directors: Charles Austin Stone and Anne Zissu.
- THE FINANCIER'S Paris Seminar, Ecole Superieure de Commerce de Paris, June 1994: "The Architecture of Capital and Money Market Transactions" - Directors: Charles Austin Stone and Anne Zissu.
- FINANCIER'S 1995 PARIS SEMINAR, Paris June 1995: "Structuring Access to the Capital and Money Markets via Securitization"- Directors: Charles Austin Stone and Anne Zissu.
- INTER-AMERICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK and The Financier: "Innovative Financing for Infrastructure", October 23-24, 1995 - IDB Headquarters, Washington, DC - Directors: Charles A. Stone & Anne Zissu.
Summer 1999, A. Zissu Received a UCCP Grant (University-Community Collaborative of Philadelphia) to support her research "Financing Mixed-Use Real Estate on Point Breeze Avenue", presented at several workshops in Philadelphia.
“Financing Mixed Use Development on Point Breeze Avenue”, with Charles Austin Stone, UCCP Publication, 1999.
The Securitization Markets Handbook: Structures and Dynamics of Mortgage- and Asset-Backed Securities
by Charles Austin Stone and Anne Zissu, Bloomberg Press, 2005.
- "Asset Securitisation: Theory and Practice in Europe," edited by Charles Austin Stone, Anne Zissu, and Jess Lederman, Published by Euromoney PLC, December 1991.
- "The Global Asset Backed Securities Market: Structuring, Managing, and Allocating Risk," edited by Charles Austin Stone, Anne Zissu, and Jess Lederman. Published by Probus Publishing, 1993.
- "Global Risk Based Capital Regulations: Capital Adequacy" Volume 1, edited by Charles Austin Stone and Anne Zissu. Published by Business One Irwin, 1993.
- "Global Risk Based Capital Regulations: Management and Funding Strategies" Volume 2, edited by Charles Stone and Anne Zissu. Published by Business One Irwin, 1993.
Global risk-based capital regulations : Stone, C.A., Zissu, A., eds., (Richard Irwin, Homewood, IL, 1994) 446 pp. • BOOK REVIEW
Journal of Banking & Finance, Volume 20, Issue 4, May 1996, Pages 777-778
Anne Zissu (firstname.lastname@example.org) is the co-founding editor of The Financier (www.the-financier.com), and The Securitization Conduit (www.asset-backed.com), publications providing analysis on corporate finance, risk management, securitization, and related topics. She is a leading expert in Asset-backed Securities, has edited several books on the subject, and recently completed “The Securitization Markets Handbook: Issuing and Investing in Mortgage- and Asset-Backed Securities”, Bloomberg Press, 2005. Her research has appeared in leading academic journals including The Journal of Real Estate, Finance and Economics, the FNMA Journal of Housing Research the Journal of Derivatives, the Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, and Financial Markets, Institutions and Instruments. Professor Zissu, a research fellow in the Financial Engineering program at Polytechnic University, has been invited to lecture on Securitization at several institutions such as the ISMA Centre, Reading University, in England; Paris-Dauphine University, in Paris; Ecole Superieure de Commerce de Paris; the Inter-American Development Bank, in Washington, DC; the Securities and Exchange Commission, in Washington DC; JP Morgan in New York; Bear Stearns in New York; ESSEC in Paris; The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University; Euromoney, in New York; Euromoney in Paris; and Euromoney in London.
For the complete CV, Click Here.
< Back to Faculty Listing