» Pearl 313 (P-313)
← Back to Faculty Listing
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Molecular Biology
- General Biology
- General Chemistry
- Ph.D, City University of New York, Biological Sciences, 1996
- MPhil, City University of New York, Biological Sciences, 1993
- BA, City University of New York, Biological Sciences, 1989
- Adaptive evolution under adverse conditions in Bacillus subtilis Differential response of Bacillus subtilis ribosomal RNA promoters to nutritional stress
Publications and Presentations:
- Transcription Induces a Mutagenic Response during Amino Acid Starvation in Bacillus subtilis. W. Samarrai1, I. Barjis1, K. Amiri2, R. Rudner3; Abstract 08-GM-A-3974-American Society of Microbiology, 2008.
- Isaac Barjis*, Ajmal Zemmar**, Faisal Mohammad*, Fakhreldin A. Sabel*, W. Samarrai* Modeling and Simulation of IRES - Engagement during the process of mRNA Translation in Cells infected with Hepatitis C Virus Vol. 39, ppISBN1-56555-316-0., 2007.
- Barjis, M. Sayar, J. Barjis and W. Samarrai, "Computer Model of Cancer Development", NSTI- Nanotech (2006), Vol. 2, pp 41-44
- I. Barjis, W. Samarrai, I. Augustin, and J. Barjis., "Modeling of Cellular Communication" NSTI Nanotech, (2006), Vol. 2, pp 41- 44 , ISBN: 0-9767985-9-X
- Barjis I., Barjis J., Samarrai W., Analysis and Modeling of DNA Transcription Using Rule-Based Methodd. In the proceedings of the 2005 Summer Computer Simulation Conference (SCSC 2005), Cherry Hill, NJ, USA. Volume 37, number 4, July 24-28, 2005. ISBN: 1-56555-299-7, pp. 367-372.
- Joe W. Yeol, W. Samarrai, I. Barjis, and Y. S. Ryu, "Data-flow diagram representation of biological process: DNA, RNA, and Protein," in Proceedings of IEEE 31st Annual Northeast Bioengineering Conference (NEBC), (Hoboken, NJ), 2005.Date: April 2-3, 2005. pp: 106-107, ISBN: 0-7803-9105-5
- Barjis I., Joe W. Yeol, W. Samarrai, and Y. S. Ryu, "Deterministic Boolean-Networks (DBN) modeling of molecular biology: DNA replication," in Proceedings of IEEE 31st Annual Northeast Bioengineering Conference (NEBC), (Hoboken, NJ), 2005.Date: April 2-3, 2005. pp. 120-122, ISBN: 0-7803-9105-5
- W. Samarrai, I. Barjis, Joe W. Yeol, and Y. S. Ryu, "Modeling of carbohydrate metabolism: from dietary carbohydrate to puryvic acid by Petri-Nets (PN)," in Proceedings of IEEE 31st Annual Northeast Bioengineering Conference (NEBC), (Hoboken, NJ), 2005.Date: April 2-3, 2005. pp. 267-268, ISBN: 0-7803-9105-5
- Mutation under stress in Bacillus subtilis: Is it transcription - Induced or is it due to Gene Amplification R. Rudner D. White, A. Murray and W. Samarrai, Abstract :Functional Genomic of Gram-Positive Microorganisms 12th International Conference of Bacilli Baveno, Italy 2003
- 3. Differential Response of Bacillus subtilis Ribosomal RNA Promoter to Nutrition Stress., W. Samarrai, E. Shorn, R. Rudner Abstract: ASM 103 General Meeting 2003.
- Michal Grop, E. Eizenman, G. Glaser, W. Samarrai and R. Rudner, A relA (s) suppressor mutant allele of Bacillus subtilis which maps to relA and responds only to carbon limitation. Gene, 140 (1994).