Eugenia G. Giannopoulou
» Pearl 313 (P-313)
» Personal Site
← Back to Faculty Listing
Eugenia G. Giannopoulou
Ph.D., Computer Science - Bioinformatics
Department of Computer Science and Technology, University of Peloponnese
Biomedical Research Foundation of the Academy of Athens
Dissertation: "Integration and Visualization of Proteomics Data"
BSc, Computer Science
Department of Computer Science
Athens University of Economics and Business
Courses Taught at City Tech:
- Bio 3352: Bioinformatics II
- Analysis of high-throughput sequencing data
- Regulatory Network Inference
- Information Visualization in genomics and proteomics
- Ontologies in biology
- Data Mining
Assistant Computational Genomics Scientist (2013 - 2014)
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Applied Bioinformatics Core
Weill Cornell Medical College
Postdoctoral associate (2009 - 2013)
Institute for Computational Biomedicine
Weill Cornell Medical College (Elemento lab)
- Y. Qiao, E. G. Giannopoulou, S. Park, C. H. Chan, J. Chen, X. Hu, O. Elemento, L. B. Ivashkiv, Synergistic Activation of Inflammatory Cytokine Genes by Priming of Regulatory DNA Elements for Increased Transcription in Response to TLR Signaling. 2013. Accepted. Immunity.
- E. G. Giannopoulou, O. Elemento, Inferring chromatin-bound protein complexes from genome-wide binding assays. 2013. Genome Research.
- T. I. Roumeliotis, M. Halabalaki, X. Alexi, D. Ankrett, E. G. Giannopoulou, A. L. Skaltsounis, B. S. Sayan, M. N. Alexis, P. A. Townsend, S. D. Garbis, Pharmacoproteomic Study of the Natural Product Ebenfuran III in DU-145 Prostate Cancer Cells: The Quantitative and Temporal Interrogation of Chemically Induced Cell Death at the Protein Level. 2013. J Proteome Res.
- C. Chang, H. A. Pasolli, E. G. Giannopoulou, ... Elaine Fuchs, NFIB: A Governor of Coordinated Epithelial-Melanocyte Stem Cell Behaviour in a Shared Niche. 2013. Nature, 495.
- P. Lin, E. G. Giannopoulou, K. Park, J. M. Mosquera, A. Sboner, A. K. Tewari, L. A. Garraway, H. Beltran, M. A. Rubin, O. Elemento, Epigenomic alterations in localized and advanced prostate cancer. 2013. Neoplasia, 15:4.
- P. Lin, Y. Chiu, S. Banerjee, P. Alves, E. G. Giannopoulou, ... Mark A. Rubin, Epigenetic repression of miR-31 disrupts androgen receptor homeostasis and contributes to prostate cancer progression. 2012. Cancer Research, Published OnlineFirst December 11, 2012; doi: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-12-2968
- E. G. Giannopoulou, O. Elemento, An integrated ChIP-seq analysis platform with customizable workflows. 2011. BMC Bioinformatics, 12:277.
- E. G. Giannopoulou, G. Lepouras, E. S. Manolakos, Visualizing Meta-Features in Proteomic Maps. 2011. BMC Bioinformatics, 12:308.
- E. G. Giannopoulou, G. Lepouras, E. S. Manolakos, An interactive tool for visualizing jointly properties of proteomic objects. 2009. Cancer Genomics & Proteomics 6:1.
- E. G. Giannopoulou, S. D. Garbis, A. Vlahou, S. Kossida, G. Lepouras, E. S. Manolakos, Proteomic Feature Maps: A new visualization approach in proteomics analysis. 2009. Journal of Biomedical Informatics, 42:4(644-53).
- S. D. Garbis, S. I. Tyritzis, T. Roumeliotis, P. Zerefos, E. G. Giannopoulou, A. Vlahou, S. Kossida, J. Diaz, S. Vourekas, C. Tamvakopoulos, K. Pavlakis, D. Sanoudou, C. Constantinides, Search for potential markers for prostate cancer diagnosis, prognosis and treatment in clinical tissue specimens using amine-specific isobaric tagging (iTRAQ) with two-dimensional liquid chromatography and tandem mass spectrometry. 2008. Journal of Proteome Research, 7:8.
- A. Katifori, C. Halatsis, G. Lepouras, C. Vassilakis, E. G. Giannopoulou, Ontology Visualization Methods - A Survey. 2007. ACM Computing Surveys, 39:4.